Monday 21 May 2018

CLINICAL TRIAL & 13 Principles of ICH GCP


In Clinical Trials to achieve Quality readiness one needs to understand the Principles of Good Clinical Practices. GCP has been well defined in EU Directive 2001/20/EC, under Clause 2 of Article 1, which discusses about scientific quality requirements for designing and conducting clinical trials.


The data obtained from Clinical trials should be credible as well Clinical trials should protect the rights, safety and wellbeing participating subjects as per National Research Act and Belmont Report, to ensure the authenticity of data and protection of human subjects The International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH) created Good Clinical Practices in the year 1996, which eventually became mandatory to be followed in the year 2004 for conducting trials on all Investigational Medicinal Products (IMP).

Principles of GCP are summarized as follows

1.Clinical Trials should be conducted as per Declaration of Helsinki, which provides ethical guidelines on human experimentation.
2.Before the initiation of clinical trial, the risks for subject and society should be weighed against its anticipated benefits. 
3.The safety and rights of the participating subjects should considered with utmost importance over the benefits of trial. 
4.Clinical information and non-clinical information on the investigational medical product should be adequate to support the trial.
5.Specifics of clinical trials should be well defined and explained in Protocol
6.Protocol should be approved by Institutional review board (IRB)/independent ethics committee (IEC), following which clinical trial should be conducted in compliance with Protocol. 
7.During the trial, qualified physician would be responsible for the well the being of the subject 
8.The staff conducting the trail should be qualified in education, training and experience to perform task allocated to them.
9.Prior to the clinical trial signed informed consent should be obtained from the subject
10.To allow accurate reporting, interpretation and verification of clinical trial data, measures to and record and maintain the data should be sought out.
11.The records identifying the confidentiality of subject should be protected in respect to privacy and confidentiality regulations.
12.The Investigational medicinal product in Clinical Trials should be manufactured as per Good manufacturing practices (GMP) and should be used in accordance to the protocol. 
13.Quality systems should be maintained to ensure quality in Clinical Trials.

Reference: GCP 13 Principles
(Url:  https://www.abdn.ac.uk/hsru/documents/GCP%2013%20Principles.pdf )
Cliniminds (www.clinimids.com ) welcomes all the students and professional who are seeking a bright career in Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance. We have 14 + years of lineage and our faculties are seasoned experts with vast experience from the Industry. We provide 100% assured placement support, for more information contact us @ 9560102587 or email us at pharmacovigilance@cliniminds.com

1 comment:

  1. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete